Just wondering, does anybody have a critic that they actually tend to agree with, or a newspaper?
I normally try to go look at the critics reviews on the movies that come out each week at yahoo, and it just seems like there are some who will never give a good review. There are also some who will only give a good review if a movie is trying to be a critical darling. You know, the story of a man who was digfigured but strove against the rules of society and became a model.
I'm all for movies that are going to make a difference or such, but I also like a movie that just freaking entertains. I don't have to be moved or feel horror for some tragedy, sometimes I just want to laugh or enjoy myself for an hour and a half or such.
I mean we've all watched movies that critics hated and loved them. Will Ferrell and Jack Black did the thing at the Oscars about them never giving comedy any attention, and they are right.
I mean is it just me, or have critics forgotten that part of a movie is to be entertained?
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
rottentomatoes.com
Im not into spoiling the movie for myself, so usually I like to know little as possible. But I check out rottentomatoes.com to see what the critical census seems to be for each flick. Its a good website. Huge database of movie's...and their reviews. I've probably read more reviews after I watch movies than before though. That way you can you can better judge the points made my the critic.
Bookmarks